Friday, November 12, 2010

New arrival...

A rare moment caught in the lens

What a week!
Saturday: rushed to pick Ross up from work and get us to the cat rescue centre before it closed.  Was chosen by Angelo - a 10 month-old playful chappie who was the only kit to survive from his family when they were found outside a bed factory.
Sunday: after a cooling off period (not to mention a quick run to the Warehouse to get food and litter) we went back and signed an adoption contract for Angelo.  
Monday: although he was initially fairly calm, Angelo had by now realised he wasn't just on a daytrip.  He decided that under the sofa was the best place to hide.
Tuesday: Angelo was even more scared than ever, and still hiding under the sofa.  Flatmates and myself getting impatient.  Only eats when we're not here and we're worried about where he's peeing.
Wednesday: at 6am I come into the lounge to find pee on the sofa (a sign of stressed cats) and no cat.  The kitchen window was open.  Flatmates and I hunted the house - no sign.  Tearful and ashamed, I visit the neighbours and call the rescue centre.  Kindly, the owner tells me to think positive, call the local vets and flyer the neighbourhood.  Which I do.  Coming home, I find Angelo.  He had never left.  If I wasn't so relieved I might be annoyed.
Thursday: Angelo has turned the corner, and agrees to cuddles, at first cautiously, but soon more enthusiastically.  His repertoire of perches expands to the windowsill (still hidden behind the curtain) and the dining room chairs.
Friday: the start of Ross' birthday weekend!  We head up to his parents after work.


No comments:

Post a Comment